Can a one enployer be treated differently then the others??? Like getting increase on salary??But not other employee??
I need some legal advice on how to continue with the matter that I am facing.
I recenly went into a contract to rent a vehicle. paid the deposit to rent the vehicle but then the contract stated that I had to come inspect the vehicle and if I am happy with the vehicle, then we can established an effective date for that contract.
The said vehicle was going to be used to transport some goods, unfortunatetly i lost the deal to transport the goods and therefore could not continue with the contract to rent the vehicle. That was before the vehicle was organised and inspected. The company i signed the contract with, are now telling they will not refund me the deposit. telling me that by cancelling the contract an effective date was established on that day.
are they lawful to do that?
one of the caluse they say i breached are inlcuded below
2.2. In the event the TRANSPORTER fails to make timeous rental payments the Contractor may at his sole discretion withdraw the vehicle and place the vehicle into storage. In such event the Transporter shall have 15 business days, calculated from the date on which the rental payment was due, to remedy its breach, if the TRANSPORTER fails the TRANSPORTER will be liable for a reasonable cancelation penalty of 50% for the remaining period of this agreement. The TRANSPORTER shall be liable for all legal costs and other costs, plus interest calculated at 10% per annum on all amounts owing and due to CONTRACTOR.
26.3. Mobilization of truck/trucks and trailers for Transporters inspection can take up to 10 business days after signing this rental agreement but can be done sooner pending available stock on hand.26.4. Once Contractor has made truck/trucks and trailers ready for Transporters inspection after our mobilization period of a maximum of 10 business days. Transporter is to attend inspection on day truck/trucks and trailers are lined up for such inspection. Failure from Transporter to attend the inspection day set up by Contractor will lead to cost being calculated and added to Transporters invoice and the Effective Date of this contract will be established on the day of inspection. All outstanding fees must be paid before truck/trucks and trailers are released into Transporters service.
Im TJ and was employed at this company *** in March as a contract and on the 26th of September I was promised by the completion CEO that they will take us permanent (We are a group of 6) Nothing was said after until we all received automated emails to remind us that our contract is about to end.
I was approached by my manager who told me that she would like to take me as a permanent but wants me to serve a probation period ( Giving me a chance to prove myself on some areas of my work).
My question, what do I do? Should I agree to the probation? I find it unfair to serve another period.. I find it unfair to have been promised by the CEO himself then threatened to not taken in and I’m told now.
I paid a R1500 deposit for a malrese puppy. The person running the business, Pet rush, Martin, said the deposit is not refundable. According to the CPA, I understand this is illegal and at best, he could retain 25% as a handling fee, and return my 75%. Is that correct if I had decided against getting the puppy which I did not, and was excited to get it. However, due to having another sick puppy at home, I was told by the vet to wait until my puppy at home was clear of infection. When I told Martin this and asked him to keep the puppy for an additional week, he initially said no, then told me he could “kennel” it, which was keeping it at his house. He first told me it was R220 per day, but because I was buying the puppy from him at a total of R6100, he would charge me R85 per day. I agreed. A week later after vet clearance of my puppy at home, I went to see the booked puppy for the first time in the hope I would be happy enough to buy it. Failing that, Martin said he would find me another one, until I was happy. When first seeing the pup, I was struck by its copious tear mark down its face, and wasnt happy taking a pup with eye issues. I told Martin I didn’t want the pup, and because of his attitude, I told him that he could keep R500 towards the keep of the pup, and refund me the R1000 balance of deposit. He laughed at me and told me that the kennel fees were R220 per day, and it came to R1750, more than the deposit. I got annoyed and said he is in breach of the CPA and his words were tell your attorney to contact mine. He would not give me the name of his attorney to contact him myself. After sleeping on the matter, I decided that I actually did want a different puppy after all, and I had already paid the deposit. I texted him to say I had changed my mind and that I wanted to book a puppy in advance for June, giving ample time to source a pup and it suited me. He is now ignoring my texts. He has the R1500, the puppy, which he can resell, and I have nothing. What are my rights? Can I insist on this transaction of him getting me a puppy, as he has the money, or not?
I would like to ask you about the issue my boyfriend and I are currently going through last year September we bought a car and got insurance and tracker from cartrack so we joined cartrack on the 23rd of September 2019 and the installed their tracker and deducted R73. 63 and the following month they deducted R200 and the car got hijacked on the 11th of October and they didn’t recover it and the asked us to stop paying and apply for claim and now they are telling us we were owing and we do not qualify for claim and currently they deducted R73. 00. Kindly advise us what to do
Hi, I trust you are well.
Up until 28 November 2019 I had Credit Card debt with FNB. I settled the accounts in full on the 28th of November 2019 after about four months of recurring payments.
I had sent my proof of payment to the debt collecting attorneys immediatley after paying the account and I was promised a paid up letter within 7 – 14 working days. I still haven’t received a letter as of yet (10 February 2020) and according to FNB the account is still open on their side as they have not yet received payment from the attorneys.
I have asked the attorneys to provide me with a letter stating the account has not yet been paid from their side but I was told that they cannot do that.
Surley this is not right. Please help.
Hi, I sent my girlfriend’s phone in for repairs and looking at the receipt, it says the business won’t be held liable for damages when repairing however they did not make me sign the receipt to acknowledge what it says. Will they be liable for damages if there is no signature on the receipt or does it still stand?
i am so sorry its late but i am a little woried