HiMy case is relatively simple, although the history of the last few months have complicated the sit…

Hi

My case is relatively simple, although the history of the last few months have complicated the situation.

I have been married under “”community of property” in Zimbabwe in 1998.  We are currently divorcing since Nov 2015.  The litigation is endless because my wife to be ex is acting very irrationally.

We have 2 properties : a house and a plot (and also 2 children).  We have been separated for 7 years in a friendly manner for the first 5 years.

We have been separated for 7 years in a friendly manner for the first 5 years.  Since then, we have been trying to sell both properties.

I am still living in the co-owned property and pay my wife a rental.

4 months ago, I received an OTP largely above market value (R4.2M).  This is the first legal offer we have received since 2011!

My wife has indicated in writing that she was favourable to the offer and at the same time send a counter offer with a divorce settlement within the OTP.  Clearly she tried to force me to accept her conditions before signing the OTP.  As her financial proposal was not substantiated and her custody offer was against the wishes of the children, I refused to accept.  Although the OTP deadline has passed, the prospective buyer is still interested in buying the house (but not in our divorce settlement).

Since then, my lawyer and I have tried for a roundtable meeting but my wife cancelled at the last minute.  In fact, she also fired her lawyer (a very reputable firm in CPT) because she did not agree with her lawyer advising her to sign the OTP without mixing the divorce settlement within.

In her last consent paper, she claims a totally unsubstantiated amount of R600K and I claim a justified amount of R200K.  The difference can be covered by the plot we still have in common (R850K).  Lawyers have also suggested to keep the amount of the sale in the conveyancer trust until a settlement is reached… in order not to miss the sale.

We are both out of cash and I need to move urgently to Namibia where I am immigrating.

My lawyer keeps telling me that the High Court might not force her to sell the house, before the divorce is settled.  But she is the one delaying the finalisation of the divorce and not agreeing to meet for mediation/facilitation/arbitration.  This is a catch 22!

Now she prentends that she has another potential buyer but that person can onl;y view the house in mid jan.  I can not wait any longer!

If the first buyer sends a new OTP, what are my options to force my wife to sign it.

[Source] Click here to view the answer to this question

Hi, have recently entered into sale agreement of my property. Purchasres attorneys have informed a d…

Hi, have recently entered into sale agreement of my property. Purchasres attorneys have informed a deposit has now been paid they and have received my title deeds from my previous conveyencers who had kept my title deeds. Purchasers attorneys now await for me to sign transfers papers which I am nolonger will to sell. Is there a way out of this? 

[Source] Click here to view the answer to this question

I just want to know what can i do when somebody is treaten you that he is going to shoot you one by …

I just want to know what can i do when somebody is treaten you that he is going to shoot you one by one he is from South Africa but lives in Qatar at the moment but we look after his parents i am only the driver his mother is is in charge of all the finances now he think we uses there money and thats not true now he treatens to kill what can we do to protect our selfs

[Source] Click here to view the answer to this question

Good DayI am in serious debt and have been making payments for the last year now but as i have menti…

Good Day

I am in serious debt and have been making payments for the last year now but as i have mentioned to these debt collector companies, i am unfortunately unemployed and have been struggling to keep up with the repayments on the debt. The small amounts i pay is not making any difference on the account as the interests is too high. I am also been harrassed constantly by some of these debt colletor companies (Hammond Pole are the worst to deal with). Even when i make payments and even send through proof of payment, i get threatening sms’s informing me that i have NOT paid and a summons has been issued. It has probably been 3 years now and i keep gettintg sms’s from different debt collection companies notifying me that i still owe money. I cannot afford to keep up with the repayments as the small payments i have been making make no difference. They simply do not care and constantly harrass me.

What are my options.?

[Source] Click here to view the answer to this question